Borehole Drilling Monitor
Borehole Drilling Monitors
The Environment Office of the Saugeen Ojibway Nation (SON) is seeking one (1) motivated Community Members for a 24-week contract to act as Borehole Drilling Monitors at NWMO’s borehole drilling sites near Teeswater, ON.
The Environment Office is seeking one (1) motivated SON Community Members who are interested in learning more about the Nuclear Waste Management Organization’s (NWMO) proposed deep geologic repository for high-level waste, acting as ambassadors for SON, and sharing information with other SON Community Members.
NWMO is beginning a six month borehole drilling process near Teeswater, ON on April 1, 2021. We are looking for motivated and interested Community Members who would like to participate in this process through daily monitoring of the borehole drilling activities and sharing of information with the SON Communities, the Environment Office and Joint Council.
|These positions will ensure that:||
- Must have valid G Drivers' License and access to a reliable vehicle.
- Must be available to travel to Teeswater location daily (Mon-Fri) and occasionally on weekends and evenings.
- Willingness to complete criminal record check.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be available to begin work April 21, 2021.
- Must have basic understanding of social media platforms and phone technologies (for taking and sharing photos/videos from the site).
- Interest in geology, ecology, or archaeology.
- Interest in duty-to-consult; free, prior, and informed consent.
- Good observational skills.
- Provide written report weekly, documenting observations at the site.
- Provide verbal and/or written reports to SON Joint Council, as requested.
- Provide verbal report twice per month to SON Advisory Team.
- Report daily to Environment Office Manager.
- Share videos and photos on the Environment Office social media and website for Community.
Apply by submitting a resume and cover letter describing why you would like to participate in this opportunity. Please include in your application your preferences for hours of work (e.g. 8:30am-4:30pm; 4pm to 10pm, weekends, no weekends, etc).
Please email completed applications to Kathleen Ryan - Acting Manager, Environment Office of the Saugeen Ojibway Nation, firstname.lastname@example.org or mail your application to 25 Maadookii Subdivision, Neyaashiinigmiing, ON N0H 2T0.