Ontario Power Generation would like SON members to know that they’re hiring across the company. In particular, they wanted to share a recent student posting at the Western Site for three Business Support roles starting in the fall:
Business Support – Kincardine, ON – Co-op/Developmental Student
Req ID: 2139
Status: Student-Contract – Fall 2019 (4 or 8 months)
Education Level: University, minimum 2nd year completed
Location(s): Kincardine, ON
Number of Position(s): 3
Travel: Yes – 10%
Deadline to Apply: May 30, 2019
BE THE GENERATION to challenge and change.
At Ontario Power Generation (OPG), our values are our strengths. They are fundamental truths about us that don’t change. Safety. Integrity.Excellence. People and Citizenship. We operate a diverse portfolio of generation assets including nuclear, hydroelectric, biomass and solar, and offer challenging and unique work opportunities. BE THE GENERATION to power tomorrow.
(OPG) is excited to offer three (3) student opportunities in our Operations Support, Nuclear Waste Management Department in Kincardine,Ontario. This is a four (4) or eight (8) months student placement commencing in September 2019.
All students applying for student positions at OPG must meet the below eligibility:
- Enrolled in full-time studies at a post-secondary institution.
- Have a minimum average of 70% cumulative GPA.
- Returning to full-time studies in the same program following the completion of the work term OR requiring the work term or co-op placement to graduate.
- Troubleshooting processes and workflows, and generating improvement suggestions.
- Creating and updating drawings and procedures for safe operation of plant systems.
- Implementing technology improvements.
- Analysis of identified problems and generating potential corrective actions.
- Presenting and communicating data that is understandable to different audiences.
- Minimum completion of 2nd year at a University Specializing in Arts, Business, Social Sciences or Engineering.
Preference may be given to the candidate who has the following skills and qualifications:
- Willing to relocate to Kincardine, ON for an 8 months position.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Strong proficiency in VBA and Excel Macros.
- Experience with Database management.
- Excellent verbal and written communications.
This job will provide you with the following professional development:
- Interpersonal skills – interfacing effectively with a wide variety of people.
- Synthesis and distillation of real-world process information.
- Critical thinking and problem solving.
The successful candidate will exhibit uncompromising integrity and commitment to upholding corporate values, and the OPG Code of Business Conduct.
As Ontario’s largest clean energy generator, OPG offers an exciting combination of challenging opportunities and career diversity in a work environment where safety is a fundamental value. Being an OPG employee means you can apply your knowledge, broaden your skills and make a valuable contribution to an organization that is vital to Ontario’s success.
At OPG, our values are our strengths. They are fundamental truths about our organization that don’t change. Safety. Integrity. Excellence. People and Citizenship.
Here’s why OPG might just be the ideal workplace for you:
- Exceptional range of opportunities province-wide
- Long-term career growth and development opportunities
- Electricity is vital to the province
If you are looking to learn from others and be part of something important, and you are excited about the future of power generation, you will find the right fit at OPG.
Our promise to you:
- We care about the safety and the well-being of our employees. It is our utmost priority.
- A supportive work environment where you can be your best every day.
- Opportunities to stretch and develop in our diverse lines of business.
- Provide spaces for innovative thinking and solutions, such as Launchpad or X-Lab.
- Offer different ways for you to give back to communities where we operate.
- We support employment equity and diversity.
Please submit your application online at https://jobs.opg.com/ by 11:59 PM E.S.T., May 30, 2019. It is a mandatory requirement for students to apply online and through their school’s own portal, if applicable. In addition students must include a copy of their unofficial transcript and must be eligible to work in Canada. OPG thanks all those who apply; however, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.
OPG is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment where all employees feel valued, respected, and supported. If you require accommodation during the application or interview process, please advise us as soon as possible so appropriate arrangements can be made.
If you require information in a format that is accessible to you, please contact AODA@opg.com
OPG is currently hiring across the company. You can find more opportunities at: https://jobs.opg.com/