Thank you to all who applied, the January 31st, 2019 deadline has now passed. We have a received a number of applications and will be reaching out to those selected for interviews shortly. Please keep checking back as job will be posted here as they become available.
Follow us on Facebook to stay up to date on new jobs!
If you like talking to folks & family then apply here …
The Saugeen Ojibway Nation Environment Office is looking for a few good
people (4 to be exact – 2 from each community) to join our Outreach Team and
help us connect with Nawash and Saugeen Band Members on and off the
There are a lot of important matters coming soon that all our members should
know about (for example, the land claim is scheduled for court in the Spring).
The SON Environment Office is working on ways to reach the Membership and
to seek their opinions these matters.
Outreach Workers should be:
- Comfortable visiting Band Members and asking them for their current contact information (phone, email, postal address) and also how we can contact their family members and friends.
- Comfortable making ‘cold calls’ to people to get their contact information.
- Respectful and personable in their dealings with people.
Outreach Workers should also:
- Be familiar with computers and social media – Facebook, Instagram,
Snapchat, Twitter, etc.
- Be comfortable learning about new software.
- Have a driver’s license and be able to travel outside the community for
meetings with Band members living off-reserve.
- Be able to take accurate and legible notes and work with minimal
Wage range is from $16 to $18 an hour.
Deadline: 4:00 pm January 31.
Contact Kurt Kivell or Chanice Johnston at the SON EO for more information or to submit your resume.